Help us get the word out… Character Education That Works!
The Peaceful Solution Character Education Incorporated is a non-profit organization that relies on donations to do the work we do. We need your assistance to get the Peaceful Solution Character Education Program into the hands of those around the world that are asking for it. No amount is too small. To read what your donations are used for, click here. See our donations page to make a donation, or use the following letter and card to help others to donate.
Please feel free to print out the Donation Card and Letter and distribute them to members in your organization, or include them when you use the flyers and methods outlined below for distribution.
No results found.
Get the word out in your area…
To promote the program locally, we have flyers, brochures, and magazines available upon your request.
Have a little time? Know a place you can distribute flyers or place bulletin board messages? We have tools you can use to help promote peace through The Peaceful Solution Character Education Program. Just click on the tool you would like to use, print them out and start distributing them! We have included suggestions on how you can use or where you can post many of these, but be sure to check the ordinances in your area for approval. Post only in locations that are not prohibited in your area. For example, if it is against local codes to leave flyers on cars in parking lots, post them on a bulletin board instead or hand them out to people at a mall. Be creative. There are locations in your area that will accept these.
Our Tools and some Suggestions for Using Them
Flyers / Brochures / Magazines
There are a lot of places that will allow the distribution of these materials. Here are a few suggestions…
- Community centers, libraries, grocery stores, and numerous places on college campuses have free bulletin boards set up. Post a message; pin up a flyer!
- Local stores will often let you leave a stack of them by the register for their customers to take. Just tell them that you are promoting a program that teaches children and teens not to steal through character education. (They love that!) Then, ask them if they would show their support of the community by allowing you to leave a stack of flyers on their counter for their customers. Be sure to check back regularly so you know when to leave more.
- Check with the local churches… tell them about the program and ask if you can leave flyers on the windshields of the cars in the lot during their services. Or ask if they would distribute them during the service itself.
- Colleges, laundromats, grocery stores, and many other places have bulletin boards on the walls that allow free advertising. Place two or three stacks of 4-5 flyers held by tacks at the top so that people can take one.
- Call the local indoor shopping mall office and ask if you can distribute the flyers within the mall itself. Some also allow flyers to be placed on windshields in their parking lots, but many do not… be sure to ask first!
- Having a yard sale? Make sure you have a stack of flyers for the cashier to give out with every purchase! If it’s your neighbor’s sale, provide them for your neighbor and ask if they can be given out.
- Ask the banks in your community if they would allow you to leave a stack of flyers or brochures in their lobbies or other designated areas.
- Many coffee shops and tea houses have bulletin boards as well… print some out to pin up!
- Contact retail stores, libraries, bookstores, banks and restaurants in your area and ask if you can leave the brochures at their register for their patrons. If you are able to describe the program and get them interested in promoting it, there is a possibility that you will even get them to hand them out with the menus or final check.
- Community Centers, Day Care Centers, and other places where parents enroll their children are a great place to put brochures! Ask if they can be left on desks or counters where parents will see them.
- Do you live in an apartment complex? Ask the rental office staff to include a brochure or flyer in with the monthly apartment community newsletter distribution.
- Don’t forget waiting rooms! People are always looking for something to read… hospitals, dentists, doctors, physical therapy, lawyers, check with the receptionist and find out
- Hotels and Real Estate agencies have people coming and going every day! Many of these are influential in the lives of children. Ask about leaving them at the front desk and in the lobby on tables. Some even have display racks for promoting local attractions and community resource material.
- Are you the member of a club or other group? See if the group is interested in helping you to promote the program! This is a great way to involve the community. More than likely local activities are already scheduled, so ask about setting up stacks of brochures that can be seen by the public! Be sure to ask if a brochure or flyer can be slipped into any newsletters that go out to the membership.
- Many communities have a Visitors and Information Bureau… ask if you can leave brochures there. Many newcomers moving into the area, as well as those visiting check with these organizations for local information.
Become a Teacher and Hold Classes
Our teacher training program will give you the resources you need to be an effective teacher of character education. These seminars demonstrate teaching and managerial techniques that can be implemented immediately. The easy to follow teachers’ companion books for all our curricula give you further tools to present the character education lessons in an effective manner, as they have been designed so that anyone should be able to pick up the book and begin teaching.
Want to be a teacher but need a classroom? Most communities have locations where free classes can be held. We have teachers currently holding classes in libraries, community centers, after school programs, day care centers, detention centers, apartment complexes, schools, homes, and more. Contact us if you need ideas where to hold classes in your area.
Link to Us…
There are many ways to promote The Peaceful Solution. Get creative! Here are a couple more…
- When you purchase checks for your checking account, many check companies allow a personal message. Different companies allow different length messages. Try one of these:
- True Peace www.peacefulsolution.org
- World Peace www.peacefulsolution.org
- World Peace is possible www.peacefulsolution.org
- There is a Peaceful Solution: www.peacefulsolution.org
- Add a line of text to your business cards or office stationary. Try one of these:
- We support The Peaceful Solution: www.peacefulsolution.org
- Want Peace? Try The Peaceful Solution! www.peacefulsolution.org
- Here are some more slogans for you to use:
- Peace Through Character Education
- The greatest gift you can give your child is the PSCEP.
- Positive Character is COOL!
- Positive Character through The Peaceful Solution
- The Peaceful Solution is the ONLY solution!
- The PSCEP – it works!
Have a great slogan for us? Send it in!
Be sure to tell us how you are using them; others might like to try your ideas and slogans!
Have other ideas about methods or places to promote the Peaceful Solution Character Education Program? Tell us what has worked for you! Contact us with the details so we can include your suggestions here.
- Promote Character Education on Your Website
For those of you who have websites, we have banners, buttons, and text links available… just look at our Website Resources below.
For all of you who have websites, we have specific tools for you. Please link to us using the graphics and text we provide. You will need to download the graphics to your hard drive and upload them to your own servers. We will change the location of the graphics from time to time, so to ensure you get the banner you want please upload it to your own server. Thank you for your consideration in this.