From a grassroots group of parents and the vision of one man who wanted a better world for their children,
Peace Through Education
The Peaceful Solution Character Education Incorporated (PSCEI) is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting character education as its main tool for positive character development. Concurrent with its purpose, the PSCEI has developed The Peaceful Solution Character Education Program (PSCEP) with a variety of courses designed to reach all ages so the impact of character change can be realized and effected in society.
Persistent determination to bring a peaceful solution to the world’s problems has led to the publication of The Peaceful Solution Character Education Program.
The Peaceful Solution Character Education Incorporated is a 501(c)3 non-profit, secular educational organization seeking to enhance the lives of all people by promoting peace through educational programs and curricula designed to develop positive character. The corporation is organized for the purpose of maintaining a facility for authoring, manufacturing, distributing literature and multi-media presentations, conducting workshops, seminars, lecturing and conferences on a global basis, with the focus on secular character educational programming and curricula in service to the world.
History Of The Peaceful Solution Character Education
Program Pioneered by President Yisrayl Hawkins, The Peaceful Solution Character Education Program began in 1994 with parents and teachers who were disturbed that positive character development was rapidly deteriorating in our society. Their concern prompted them to embark on a mission to stop the decline and bring back positive social behaviors to society.
President Yisrayl Hawkins, also Curriculum Director and Author of the Peaceful Solution Character Education Program, has been diligently presenting the Peaceful Solution Character Education Program to individuals, community representatives, as well as world leaders through books, forums, conferences, television and radio talk shows and international meetings.
Where is the Peaceful Solution Character Education Program being taught?
Schools – pre-kindergarten through high school, private schools, home schools, alternate school programs, secondary education
Communities – after school programs, community centers, apartment buildings, youth centers, WICCA, apartment complexes, boys/girls programs, summer programs, church programs
Judicial System – prison facilities, courthouse reform programs, drug rehabilitation centers, juvenile detention centers
World Wide Web – www.peacefulsolution.org
PSCEP Promotion Team – certified Peaceful Solution Character Education Program Representatives travel to various states to present the Peaceful Solution Character Education Program to government representatives, Judges, public gatherings, schools and recreational centers.
- United States:
Teaching Sessions – addressing social problems in society and how the Peaceful Solution Character Education Program can solve them
– Peaceful Solution Character Education Program Teacher training – Lagos Nigeria
– Peaceful Solution Character Education Program presentation to Montessori School in Cotonou, Republic of Benin
– Peaceful Solution Character Education Program presentation to Indian International School in Cotonou, Republic of Benin
– Creation of Nigerian Editions of Peaceful Solution Character Education Program
- Peaceful Solution Character Education Program Early Learning for the Formative Years Manual published
- Peaceful Solution Character Education Program Teacher training – Nigeria
- Peaceful Solution Character Education Program Teacher training – Trinidad
- Peaceful Solution Character Education Program Teacher training – United States
- Headquarters, Abilene, TX and Live Stream PeacefulSolution.org
Participants (nationally and internationally) attended free summer seminars:
– August 23
– August 16-17
– July 12-15
– May 21
- Peaceful Solution Character Education Program Parenting Manual published
- PSCEP Teacher / Representatives Certification – PSCEP volunteers were officially recognized and certified as PSCEP representatives in the United States, Canada, Caribbean and Africa.
- Research and Development – Several grants were submitted and organizations solicited to help support the PSCEI in its venture
- Literature review for the PSCEP in the Workplace curriculum started
- Parenting program curriculum completed
- Early Learning program curriculum in progress
- Spanish version of the Advanced Series: Building Moral Excellence published
- Spanish version of the Prison program: Basic Inmate Workshop published
- Public Awareness Promotions – Several displays and workshops were held throughout the United States to bring more awareness to the public.
The Peaceful Solution Character Education Program has been successfully introduced in the United States and nine other countries. Over 9000 introductory sample packets have been distributed nationwide and we have had over 400 pilot program participants in 19 states.
- Press conference with Chairman of the Local Council, Ibilin, Mr. Ataf Haj and Council members at the Ibillin Council Hall, Israel
- Met with the principal, select staff members and students at the Ibillin Elementary School , Israel
- Toured the proposed areas for the building of The Peaceful Solution School with Mr. Ataf Haj, Council members and engineers , Israel
- Met with Nagib Navoani of the Arab College for Education in Israel. Haifa, Israel.
- Met with MK Yossi Sarid, former Israeli Minister of Education, current member of education committee in the Knesset. Jerusalem, Israel.
- Met with MK Gila Finkelshtein, former high-school principal, current member of education committee in the Knesset. Jerusalem, Israel.
- Met with Hannah Azar, Academic Coordinator of the Lewinski Seminar for Education. Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Rome, Italy, July 16-17: Guest of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and No Peace Without Justice Celebration of the Entry into Force of the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court.
- The Peaceful Solution Character Education Incorporated was recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)3 organization and is publicly supported by tax deductible donations.
- In November of this year, the PSCEI was officially established as a non-profit organization in the state of Texas.
- Yerevan, Armenia, August 14-17: Consultative meetings with Armenian Vice Minister of Education, Armenian Head of Foreign Relations, and Armenian Deputy of Foreign Affairs
- Abilene, Texas, February 23-25, Third Global Conference on Peace: “Peace Demands Action”.
- New York, New York, United Nations Headquarters, August 28-31: Peaceful Solution Representative to the Millennium World Peace Summit of Religious and Spiritual Leaders.
- United States. Closed door meeting with Bawa Jain, Secretary General of The Millennium World Peace Summit of Religious and Spiritual Leader in New York
- Ottawa, Canada, August 16-18, Guest speaker at the International Peace Conference – First Session.
- New York, New York, United Nations Headquarters, May 22-26: Peaceful Solution Representative to the Millennial Forum.
- Meetings with members of the Israeli Knesset, Shimon Peres, Dalia Rabin- Pilosof
- Meeting with Speaker of Palestinian Legislative Council, Ahmed Qureia,
- Meeting with Jordanian Ambassador to Israel, Omar Rifai,
Launching of The Peaceful Solution Character Education Incorporated
- United States ( 50 states)
- Great Britain
- Saint Lucia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Kingdom
Governments / Dignitaries…
- White House, Washington DC. – USA -2010, 2011, 2012
- Institute for Peace and Conflict Resolution, Federal Government of Nigeria – 2012
- Controller General, Headquarters of the Nigeria Prison Service, Abuja – 2010
- Malik Obama, Washington, DC – 2010
- Deputy Governor Lagos State, Nigeria – 2010
- Georgia, USA – 2009
- Prime Minister of Trinidad & Tobago – 2008
- Minister of Education, Trinidad & Tobago – 2008
- President of Trinidad & Tobago – 2008
- Knesset , Israel – 2003
- Rome, Italy – 2002
- Yerevan, Armenia – 2001
- Ottawa, Canada – 2000
- United Nations, New York -2000
- Knesset , Israel – 1998 – 1999